A US-based medical affairs team wanted to create a virtual MSL training program focused on neurology topics.
How one medical affairs team took MSL training virtual
The planned training consisted of deep dives into multiple topics. Goals for the virtual MSL training included:
- Understand key study data for various therapies used to treat a neurological condition
- Be able to discuss the development of the therapies and their histories
- Comprehend where the therapies fit into acute treatment of the neurological condition
The team used Within3 Connect’s virtual engagement platform to launch its virtual MSL training. This decision was based on the number of complex training topics and the widespread geographical locations of the MSLs, both of which made planning a face-to-face meeting difficult. In addition, Connect’s moderator dashboard features provided the medical affairs team with insight into who was logging in and making progress through the training.
By rolling out the training over a period of weeks, MSLs could focus on a single module at a time. During four multi-day sessions, MSLs responded to a total of 61 questions, including What are the primary endpoints in this study? and What are the most common adverse events observed in this study? Moderators were also able to send messages to the training cohort to remind them to log in and complete the session.
The medical affairs team was satisfied by the success of their first virtual MSL training. Results included:
- High participation across each of the four sessions in the training program
- 100% of MSLs reported that the platform was easy to use
- Based on the success of the training, the team adopted the virtual approach for future sessions