A commercial team established a steering committee of HCPs to give real-world feedback on messaging and marketing materials.
The commercial team had multiple objectives for the steering committee, including maintaining engagement over the course of a year and regularly calling on them to serve in expert panel meetings. Goals included:
- Establish and run a holistic steering committee
- Create an online tool to keep committee members engaged via announcements and access to materials and resources
- Call on steering committee members to attend regular virtual meetings and short-notice expert panels
The team decided to use the Within3 virtual engagement platform to host planned and ad hoc virtual steering committee meetings. The platform allowed committee members to contribute to the meetings at their convenience, from any device they chose. Between regular meetings, the team used the Within3 resource center to distribute announcements and materials to maintain consistent engagement with the committee members.
In one case, the team was able to leverage the group to quickly provide input during two virtual meetings on the Within3 online discussion platform. In the meetings, the HCPs were asked to provide feedback on a proposed advertisement for the launch of a new drug delivery format. The 11 physicians met during two multi-day sessions to view the proposed ad and answer 11 questions about what they saw.
The pharmaceutical company quickly got the answers to their primary questions about the messaging. During the session, 100% of the advisors answered 100% of the questions and agreed that the virtual platform made it easy to have a robust discussion and offer thoughtful feedback. From the committee’s responses, the commercial team learned:
- HCPs prefer advertising materials to be more patient-focused
- The physicians’ number one concern was efficacy
- Only certain patients would be good candidates for the new delivery method
- Some committee members wanted more physician or patient education available around the new drug delivery option