A medical affairs team within a leading pharmaceutical company wanted to identify unmet needs in the treatment of a specific type of cancer in the European patient population.
European Oncology Virtual
The medical affairs team had three primary objectives:
- Identify unmet needs in the treatment of a specific type of cancer in the European patient population
- Identify current evidence and data gaps related to the treatment of this disease
- Review and refine scientific statements for a chemotherapy drug
The medical affairs team used the Within3 platform to convene two virtual physician advisory board sessions with advisors from four different European countries. By using a virtual engagement platform, the team eliminated concerns about time-consuming travel or advisor availability. Advisors used the Within3 platform’s translation capabilities to overcome any language barriers.
In the first 13-day session, advisors provided feedback about current clinical approaches to the disease, unmet medical needs, and current clinical evidence. Using the insights collected in the first session, the team developed scientific statements and asked the returning advisors to evaluate the statements during a 15-day session.
Both sessions resulted in 100% advisor participation and robust feedback. The medical affairs team was able to easily extend the second session by two days to allow thoughtful conversations to continue. By using the Within3 platform, the medical affairs team achieved its objectives, including:
- Gather country-specific feedback about patient experience and treatment approaches
- Collect expert insight about unmet needs
- Develop and evaluate scientific statements that reflect input from a variety of experts